Greetings 447 Members and Families,
As you are aware, we are living in unprecedented times and are navigating through issues that are extremely unfamiliar. I want to assure every member that it is the top priority of Local 447 leadership to protect the health and welfare of our membership. We are vigilantly keeping up with current guidance’s and recommendations from the County Health Department and the CDC. As of today, we have cancelled apprentice classes at the Training Center for two weeks. We did this as a precautionary measure, there are no reported COVID 19 cases that we are aware of among our membership at this time. Additionally, as a precautionary measure we will be having a major cleaning and disinfecting of the Training Center performed while it is shut down. There will be a Med Gas test for Journeymen tonight as scheduled, but no class for apprentices. School will resume Monday 3/30.
Along the same lines of protecting our membership, we are doing our best to keep them at work, so there is not an economic, financial hardship in addition to everything else that has been compromised. That being said, some or all projects can be shut down on short notice and this is beyond our control. For right now we recommend going to work unless you have cold or flu like symptoms, in which case you should stay home and check with your doctor.
We will continue to update our membership as things change. In the meantime, please observe the CDC preventative recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases including influenza and COVID 19. Click Here
Please keep all non-essential visits to the Business Office to a minimum. If possible, make dues payments online or by using the ISA QR app. Please call the hall for login information.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Frequently wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Seek early medical attention if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and share your travel history with medical providers.
Todd A. Schiavo
Financial Secretary &
UA Local 447